Thursday, September 18, 2008

JavaZone 08 meltdown

I think this year's JavaZone was a bit varied considering quality and diversity of sessions, but all in all it was great. Is I posted yesterday some of them really inspired me. Todays session was not that "wooow", but I enjoyed some of them quite a bit. The BBS folks seem to really have gotten testing right in their Continuous Integration loop, and Unclebobs refresher on clean code was enjoyable.

I was a bit puzzled though by the first session today by Jason van Zyl where he showed a lot of bugs in his latest build of m2eclipse. The parts that did work I liked a lot, so I hope they get these things fixed. The parts about Nexus went better.

This year the JavaZone organizers introduced the use of Twitter and Hashtags for live feedback from the audience and speakers. It seemed like the number of twitters increased substantially from day 1 to day 2. Guess some got introduced to Twitter at Club Zone. Anyway it is cool that JavaZone introduced microblogging to the attendees, and I hope this will catch on in Norway and Java community especially.

No comments: