Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Web 2.0 stack

I have earlier blogged about how Firefox is becoming my OS. Since then I've employed several Web 2.0 services, and Firefox is again a key tool for getting everything running smoothly. While some of the services will work in the exact same way with other browser it is the complete experience I am talking about here.

First there is plugins for sharing links. Since last post on this subject I've added Feedly.com, Friendfeed.com, Flickr.com, Youtube.com, Digg.com and Facebook.com (did not use it for sharing that way before) to the list. To make sharing as easy as possible the Shareoholic plugin comes in handy. This plugin can share links on almost every service that exist.

For now Twitterfox had to go, as I've started to use Tweetdeck, and if they run in parallell my Twitter API limit is reached pretty fast.

It has been a while since I started using Feedly, but it is only recently I have discovered what a great service it really is. Together with Google Reader, Feedburner and Friendfeed, it just makes everything very very easy and smoothly. Feedly instantly shows me how many have digged a page, how many have shared on Friendfeed. I can directly post to Twitter, and probably a lot of other things I have not discovered yet. And did I mention it is a great and innnovative news service. You've really have some aha's to discover if you haven't tried it yet, but be sure to check out Google Reader first, since it is tightly integrated with that service.

Because everything works across all OSes, and it is really fast to set up on a new computer (just bought a new home pc so its verified), I can move across machines and stay informed all the time. It was Adobe Air + Tweetdeck that was the most time consuming thing to install, because it is a fat client application. I find it pretty useful, therefore I bother installing it on multiple machines.

No comments: